Another month has passed and the Nintendo Switch continues to outperform the competition in the UK thanks to ongoing supply constraints.
Out of a total of 93,000 consoles sold during February, and while we don’t know the exaxt cut, Switch took the lion’s share of that figure. However, overall Switch sales were down by 30% when compared to the same period in 2021.
It should be noted that February 2021 saw the release of Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, which no doubt boosted console sales significantly.
Total console sales for 2022 are currently down by 33.4% year-on-year, which will no doubt have a lot to do with the ongoing component shortage.
In terms of software sales, the top 10 chart is unsurprisingly led by FromSoftware’s juggernaut Elden Ring, however Pokémon Legends: Arceus comes in at number 4. Considering Nintendo don’t publish digital sales, we’d say that’s a strong performance for the latest from Game Freak.
1. Elden Ring (Bandai Namco)
2. Horizon Forbidden West (Sony)
3. FIFA 22 (EA)
4. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Nintendo)
5. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
6. Dying Light 2: Stay Human (Techland)
7. Total War: Warhammer III (Sega)
8. Call of Duty: Vanguard (Activision Blizzard)
9. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
10. NBA 2K22 (2K Games)