Wave 1 of the Booster Course Pass is now officially live in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and as you might have guessed, there are now also now some patch notes available.
This latest update takes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to Version 2.0.0. As noted below, Booster Course Pass play in online play will be supported as 21st March. And once again, even if you don’t own the DLC, you’ll still get the chance to play on these tracks randomly.
Apart from this, item boxes now take less time to regenerate when a player takes one, and there are a number of fixes and various other problems have been resolved “not listed” below, that improve the overall gameplay experience.
Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo’s support page:
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released March 17, 2022)
Support for DLC
- Now supports Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass (Wave 1: 8 courses)
- If someone in the lobby has the “Booster Course Pass,” all players can select one of the pass courses.
- This supports “Friends,” “Wireless Play,” and “LAN Play.”
- Starting March 21st, you can select course from the Booster Course Pass in online play.
- Supports “Worldwide,” “Regional,” and “Tournaments.”
- Even if the player does not own the “Booster Course Pass,” they can play courses from the pass randomly.
- Shortened the time it takes for an Item Box to regenerate when it gets taken by someone else.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when 12 people matched during online play.
- You need to download the latest update data in order to play online.
- If you download the latest update data, you will not be able to do “Wireless Play” or LAN Play” with other players who are using data from a previous update.
- The update data contains fixes to issues that improve gameplay experience, and other content that is not listed here.
- In order to download the update data, you need enough space on your system memory or microSD Card.
Have you tried out Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s new Booster Course Pass yet? What do you think so far? Leave a comment below.