MLB The Show 22 has been out for a little over a week (slightly longer if you paid for the Digital Deluxe Edition) and has had consistent content updates and tweaks. Developer Sony San Diego Studio has now, however, rolled out the first major update since the day one patch; it tackles some issues (like repeating tutorials) while adding ‘new player images’ throughout the game.
We had to trigger the update manually on Switch (press ‘+’ on the game’s HOME screen window, then ‘Software Update’ and ‘Via the Internet’), and it’ll likely roll out automatically soon. Below are the full patch notes (which is version 1.0.3 for the Switch version).
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the Ump at Home from making a call in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent pause timers from counting down when controllers were disconnected.
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to freeze when balls were hit into foul territory.
- Batters pressing R2 to view the pitch history will no longer impact the gesture portion of Pinpoint Pitching for the defensive player. If R2 is pressed at the same time or after the pitch motion is started, R2 will no longer interrupt the defensive user. If the batter presses R2 before the pitch motion has started, the motion will not start.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a freeze on or around 3B in certain situations.
- Users will now be notified when their pitcher is getting tired when 25% energy is remaining.
- Continued balance for Pitcher Energy in 3 inning modes: We’ve reduced pitcher energy by 15% but more importantly, we have also reduced energy lost per pitch. This will result in being able to use relievers longer and more effectively.
- DEV NOTE: You might think this is backtracking from the update we put out on 4/12 where we increased RP and SP energy, but this rebalance, specifically the reduction in energy lost per pitch, will ultimately result in pitchers being able to throw more pitches.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a soft lock to occur when making pinch hit substitutions.
- Fixed an issue that would cause users to get stuck on specific screens when a teammate or opponent would quit before entering the game.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a crash when a user opens the voice chat menu while losing connection.
- Changes made to the role rotations in 3v3. Now users will switch to baserunner after batter.
- Fixed an issue where the active batter would lose their batting turn if the baserunning user got caught stealing to end an inning.
- Added a controller rumble when pressing L2 to queue for steal as the baserunner.
ROAD TO THE SHOW
- Fixed an issue causing active perks to not function during gameplay if the active perk was placed in the 4th perk slot.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Ball Player to not display at the Ballplayer Hub.
- Various text adjustments throughout the mode.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect team logo would display in Mini Season games.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent or cause a delay for users trying to enter games.
- Various crash fixes.
- Fixed an issue where certain award-winning players were listed on the wrong team.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MLB teams to have too many players of a certain position on their playoff roster.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect letter grades were displayed for coaches available for hire.
- Improved Intentional Base on Balls criteria for the CPU.
- Fixed an issue where All-Star appearances were not being recorded while simming in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in the Rule 5 draft that would cause the user’s pick to be skipped and give the drafted player to the next team in the draft order.
- Fixed an issue where Reliever of the Year Award did not list all players.
- Fixed an issue where arbitration calculations could result in a salary below the MLB minimum.
MARCH TO OCTOBER
- Fixed an issue where player stats were missing after entering a saved fast track game.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Umpires from being present in intro scenes.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes lock created stadiums when they were uploaded. Those stadiums should now be accessible in the vault.
- Fixes and adjustments made to various props and night lighting.
- Fixed an issue that would cause tutorials to display multiple times.
- Various text adjustments.
- Fix an issue that was causing the screen to flicker black during pitch selection.
- Introduction of the Nike City Connect Houston Astros uniform.
- Over 400 new player images can now be seen throughout Franchise/MTO and on stadium jumbotrons.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect team logos would appear on the CIN jumbotron.
- Fixed an issue where the LAA jumbotron would display incorrect defensive positions for players in the lineup.
- Users can now skip diamond cinematic pack presentations by pressing square (PlayStation) / X (Xbox) / Y (Nintendo Switch) twice.
- Over 600 new player images that can be seen throughout Diamond Dynasty, My Inventory and Player Card screens.
- Fixed an issue that would cause wrist guard to display incorrectly in game.
- Various presentation and commentary adjustments and bug fixes across all modes.
- Various crash fixes.
We’ll see how the update works out after a bit of time with the game. One area where it is still behind is with a few rosters, though if it follows the trend of previous years they’ll possibly get updated on Friday (15th April).
Let us know in the comments if you’ve been playing MLB The Show 22 on Switch.