If you don’t Know how to use fl studio Mobile apk .Then welcome to our website. You can find all the information about the Fl studio here. The FL Studio is one of the most comprehensive DAWs for professional music creation and production. I have used this software to create music for a long time, but I remember that at the beginning it was not so easy to use.
Especially when you read extensive manuals or guides that explain each of the functions . And let’s face it, it’s pretty overwhelming. So today I want to explain a practical way to learn to use FL Studio without too many complications. In this practical guide I will teach you the step by step to create a song with this program.
How to use fl studio & If you don’t have FL Studio yet, you can download it here .
- Song we will learn in FL Studio.
- To understand how to use FL Studio, the best way to do it is by creating a song from scratch.
- I will take as an example this mini song that I made to teach each of the necessary functions to use FL Studio:
- Therefore, at the end of this guide you will know all the necessary functions to make songs in FL Studio.
1 Getting started
- The first step is to go to File -> New.
- When you open a blank sheet in FL Studio, you see a screen similar to this:
- This is the main screen where the song plays .
- It is known as a ” playlist ” and this is where we will put all the virtual instruments, recorded or samples.
- You can return to this screen at any time by clicking on the first position of the bar.
# 2 Creating Instruments: Kick (Bass Drum)
- So now we need to start creating instruments.
- For that, we click on the third tab called “Channel Rack” (in versions prior to FL Studio 20 it is the second tab).
- On this screen, there will be all the instruments or samples that we will be adding.
- By default, the 4 basic elements of the battery come.
- To understand how it works, let’s first create a simple drum kick.
- For that, we select it at the kick by clicking on this place.
- And now, we click on the second tab called “piano roll”.
- Here we will write or draw what we want it to sound like.
- For this case we will write 4 kick drum hits in C5 (you can choose another note or octave for the kick drum).
After writing your notes, we go to the main panel “playlist” and drag it with the left click on the first track. To delete it, you can use the right click.
Now we have the hype ready.
# 3 Creating instruments: Piano, Bass, etc.
- To add a new instrument, the process is quite similar.
- But first we need to create a new pattern.
- A pattern is a new layer to create another instrument.
- That is, if we kept creating the piano on the same layer as the kick, it would be a disaster.
- For that we go to Pattern -> Find First Empty and we call it Piano.
Now we go to the channel rack and add a new VST. For this case, I am going to use the FL Keys which is the one that comes with FL Studio.
Once the instrument is created. You have to go to the piano roll (shortcut: F7) to write the piano notes that we want to sound.
Tip: To hear what we are writing, it is necessary to change to “Pat” (of pattern), and then play. On the other hand, when it is in “Song” it reproduces the main panel view.
Now, we go to the main panel and drag the piano on Track 2.
To play it you need to switch the player back to “Song”.
Then, to create more instruments you have to repeat the same process as the piano. Create a new pattern, add a new plugin and write your notes
For example, this is how we would create a bass:
In the same way we can literally create any virtual instrument such as a synthesizer, pad, violin, etc.
# 4 Adding samples (loops, effects, etc)
Another of the most useful features of FL Studio is its ability to easily add samples.
- Samples are sounds that you can import into FL Studio in order to improve your productions. They can be effects, drum loops, recorded parts, etc.
- To do this you can search for different “loops pack” to produce your music. You can download the MusicaPod Producer Pack that he creates so you can produce to the fullest.
- Once you have downloaded your pack, you must tell FL Studio where it is. For that, go to Options -> General Settings -> File.
- In the section where it says “Browse extra search folders” you must click and look for the folder where you have the loop pack.
- Once you selected it, go back to the main panel and on the side you will see the folder you added.
Now you can start looking for samples for your song.
- When you find a sample you like, you just drag it to the song’s playlist.
In the case of effects, nothing more needs to be done. But if it’s a loop that has tempo (like a drum kit), you need to set the loop’s tempo to the song.
To adjust the tempo you must follow the following steps:
- Double click on the loop.
- Right click on “time” and then “autodetect”.
- Type on BPM, and then type the tempo at which it appears in the loop name.
And voila. FL Studio will automatically detect that this loop is at the tempo you set and will adjust it to the tempo of your song.
This process will have to be done whenever you add loops with tempo.
# 5 Mixer and equalization
Once you have all your instruments, loops and everything else added, it’s time to adjust the volumes, EQ, add reverbs, etc.
All this is done from the mixer.
- To access the mixer you can click on the 4th tab of the bar or with the F9 key.
- Here you will see all the channels available to assign your instruments.
- To assign instruments, you have to go to the channel rack and send each instrument to a channel. For example, this is how I send the piano (FL Keys) to the first channel:
- Once I have it on the first channel, I can add EQ, filters, compressors or any other plugin to it, as well as adjust its volume.
- On the side of the mixer, by clicking on “Slot 1, 2, 3” you can insert the VSTs
In the same way, you have to assign all the instruments to a new channel and add the effects you want.
Tip: I recommend assigning a name to each channel to keep the mixer organized. For that, right click on the channel and select “rename”.
# 6 Save and export
- Don’t forget to save your project as you do it.
- Many times it happens the same as when you are doing a job in Word and suddenly the power goes out and you lose 10 hours of work.
- Be careful, FL Studio has an automatic save in draft that allows you to restore the project. Yes, it has saved me more than once. But it doesn’t always keep the last of everything.
- That is why it is always recommended to save the project.
- Then, once it is finished, you have to export it in WAV or MP3 (or any other format).
- For this go to File -> Export -> WAV File.
- You give “Start” and it will begin to export the desired audio. It also has cool features like automatically uploading it to SoundCloud.
How to use FL Studio 20: Final Thoughts
- You will see that using FL Studio is not as complicated as it seemed, it just requires practice and time.
- As you use it longer you will do everything much faster without thinking about everything.
- Getting more sample kits and VST plugins will help you make better productions in FL Studio.
- Of course, there are also hundreds of other functions to learn that will also definitely improve your songs.
- If you want to continue receiving more advice and tips to produce you can subscribe to my email list.