Marvelous and XSEED Games sure have given us a bit of a shock today! First Studios, the developers of the action-packed mech combat game Daemon X Machina is following its debut title up with a survival action game called Deadcraft. And it’s coming to all platforms pretty soon, on 19th May.
That’s a heck of a switch-up from their first game, right? But it looks just as red and stylised. Your goal will be to fight for your life while growing an army of undead minions. Sound familiar? Well, protagonist Reid is half-human, half-zombie, and this gives him some interesting and unique powers that allow him to command his undead zombie forces, as well as defeat opponents with.
Marvelous shared details of the upcoming zombie army game with us below:
DEADCRAFT is the newest deadly and daring game from Marvelous’ First Studio, creators of DAEMON X MACHINA. As if a hail of meteors reducing earth to a barren wasteland wasn’t bad enough, the devastation released a mysterious virus that resurrected the dead. Ravaged by fire from the sky and the dead below, only a fraction of the human population remains, largely clustered into small outposts where power-hungry opportunists capitalize on the chaos. A rare survivor of exposure to the virus, part-zombie Reid is captured by the twisted Nebron, leader of the Ark. After escaping from the torture table into the surrounding wasteland, Reid is determined to return to the city and exact some apocalyptic justice.
Stare in wild wonder as the half-human, half-zombie protagonist Reid slices through foes on a quest for righteous vengeance! Wield his inhuman zombie powers to fend off enemies while searching the wasteland for answers to what happened to the only man he could trust. Build fantastical new armaments, conjure curious concoctions, or even grow and harvest zombie soldiers to stand by Reid’s side against whatever the apocalypse throws at him. It’s a dangerous world, and in order to stay alive Reid must take full advantage of the dead!
▪ Farm the Dead to Stay Alive ‒ Plant fresh corpses (or just a combination of limbs) into the ground and give them a little TLC until they sprout into an undead army of infantry, sentries, and more!
▪ Creeptastic Crafting ‒ Surviving the apocalypse sometimes means using whatever scraps one can find to make new weapons. Other times it means enlisting a loyal undead to assist in building and running an entire factory of grotesque machinery churning out an unholy amalgamation of survival items.
▪ Death-Defying Powers of the Undead ‒ Reid’s zombie side gives him a powerful advantage in a fight, allowing him to shield himself from danger or swat enemies away like annoying gnats. But as each devoured enemy pushes him closer to his zombie side, he’ll have to take care to maintain what little humanity he has left.’
▪ Become a Savior…or a Scourge ‒ Help out other survivors to learn new recipes or abilities. But if Reid’s hard up for money or supplies, shake down a local and take it off them…as long as he doesn’t mind potentially becoming a wanted man.
There’ll be two versions of this apocalyptic zombie fest you can snatch up. The standard edition will cost £19.99 / €24.99 / $24.99, or you can grab the Digital Deluxe edition for £29.99 / €39.99 / $39.99, which comes with:
- Deadcraft game
- Deadcraft DLC Packs
– “It Came From the Junkyard”
– “Jessie’s Wasteland Wares”
- Special Costume “Shinobi Outfit”
- Resource Pack (Agua Cola x5, Sludge x10, Tomato Seeds x2, Pumpkin Seeds x2, Heaven’s Blessing x5)
You’ll also be able to buy both DLC packs individually, which are due out post-launch, for £6.49 / €7.99 / $7.99 each.
Pre-orders are now open on the eShop for Deadcraft, which launches on Switch on 19th May. You can also download a free demo to see just what kind of disgusting concoctions you can make to stay alive and just how many zombies you can amass in your army.
Will you be giving Deadcraft a shot? Let us know if you’re going to try the demo, or if you’re going to get the game, in the usual spot!