- Sea of Thieves marks the milestone of 1m Pirate Legends with a Legends Week celebration from April 4 to 11.
- The event includes a closer look at the new Legend of the Veil Voyage, a Pirate Legend login gift, and Gold & Glory bonuses for all.
- Sea of Thieves is available free for all players with Xbox Game Pass and across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam.
Our Pirate Legends are the best of us: tough, tenacious players who’ve faced down everything the Sea of Thieves could throw at them to reach the upper echelons of the pirate world. We’re delighted to share today that we recently passed the figure of one million Pirate Legends across the Sea of Thieves! In recognition of this milestone moment, we’re throwing a week of celebratory shenanigans for both our current Pirate Legends and prospective ones
But how do you become a Pirate Legend? The title is bestowed upon players who prove their skill and spirit by reaching rank 50 with at least three Sea of Thieves Trading Companies. So whether you dedicate your time to collecting treasure for the Gold Hoarders, mastering the art of fishing with The Hunter’s Call or sinking other player ships in service to The Reaper’s Bones, the world’s your oyster. It takes mastery in a breadth of nautical skills to gain this high honour, but the pace and pathway you take is uniquely your own.
Along with the Pirate Legend title comes a host of perks: the iconic ‘We Shall Sail Together’ shanty unlocks the secret entrance to the Pirate Legend Hideout, where elite Legendary wares are on offer alongside Voyages to build reputation with the Legends-only Trading Company, Athena’s Fortune. Brand new Pirate Legend-exclusive content is also coming up soon as part of Sea of Thieves’ current Season!
If you’re thinking Pirate Legend status sounds special, that’s because it is – and for us to hit seven figures of Legends is something that deserves fanfare, more than just a mere tip of the hat to those pirates who’ve persevered this far. So let’s get into what’s planned for the rest of Legends Week after today’s announcement of our million-strong milestone!
- April 5 – We’ll be serving up some piping hot stats on the Pirate Legend experience. Ever wondered how many Legends have maxed out Athena’s Fortune, or how many Voyages players might have to complete to hit Legendary status? Jump into these significant stats on the official Sea of Thieves website and SoT social channels.
- April 7 – Enjoy an exclusive video insight into the upcoming Legend of the Veil Voyage, a brand new replayable experience for Pirate Legends. This Voyage is set to deliver new map types and some memorable setpieces, so check Sea of Thieves on YouTube on this day to see what awaits our Legends a little later in Season Six.
- April 8 – In-game activities kick off for Pirate Legends, offering double gold and reputation for items handed in to the Mysterious Stranger over the weekend. As an extra incentive, some treasure items also provide Athena’s Fortune reputation when they usually wouldn’t!
- April 9 – We spotlight some Legendary activities on the Sea of Thieves website, with inspiring Pirate Legend feats in the Community Hub and our inaugural Legendary Spotlight – a new type of player profile to sit alongside our regular Community and Creator Spotlights.
- April 10 – The festivities expand to all pirates, with a one-day Gold & Glory multiplier offering boosts to gold, reputation and Renown – plus free Athena’s Fortune Fireworks from the Merchant Alliance, and extra bonuses for all pirates generous enough to gift treasure to other players on this day!
- April 11 – The third and final day for Pirate Legends to log in and receive a Silvered Legendary Eyepatch, available from Friday April 8 to Monday April 11 (10am BST). This is also the final day of a special weekend sale in the Pirate Emporium – be sure to check that out for savings on ship sets, emotes and pet outfits, including some only available to Legends!
Whether you’re a veteran of the Pirate Legend Hideout, a freshly minted Legend or still on the road to sailor stardom, we hope you’ll join us in this week-long festival of fun. Keep tabs on the Sea of Thieves website and social channels to stay up to date on the Legendary festivities as they unfold.
To finish, we just want to say thank you. To the million (and counting) players who have hit Pirate Legend, we want to recognize that achievement – thank you for spending hundreds of hours exploring our world and mastering the waves. To those of you who are still on your journey to Pirate Legend, whether you’re at the beginning of that journey or nearing its end – the very best of luck, and we’ll see you on the seas!
Sea of Thieves
Xbox Live Gold membership required to play on Xbox One; sold separately.
About the game
Sea of Thieves offers the essential pirate experience, from sailing and fighting to exploring and looting – everything you need to live the pirate life and become a legend in your own right. With no set roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world, and other players, however you choose.
Whether you’re voyaging as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews in this shared world adventure – but will they be friends or foes, and how will you respond?
A vast open world
Explore a vast open world filled with unspoiled islands, sunken ships and mysterious artefacts. Take on quests to hunt for lost treasure, seek out cursed Skeleton Captains or gather valuable cargo for the Trading Companies. Go hunting and fishing or choose from hundreds of optional goals and side-quests.
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life
Play the Tall Tales to experience Sea of Thieves’ unique narrative-driven campaigns, and join forces with Captain Jack Sparrow in the newest original story that brings Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean sailing into Sea of Thieves. These immersive and cinematic quests provide around 30 hours of the ultimate pirate adventure.
On your journey to become a Pirate Legend you’ll amass loot, build a reputation and define a unique personal style with your hard-earned rewards. Adventurer. Explorer. Conqueror. What will your legend be?
A game that’s always growing
With five major expansions and almost a year’s worth of monthly updates, Sea of Thieves is a service-based game that is continually growing and evolving. Check back each month to see what new content has been added.
- Sea of Thieves Is Getting a New Randomised Pirate Lord…
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Has Already Sold Over 6.5 Million…
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Has Sold Over 12 Million Units…
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus Sold 1.43 Million Units In Japan In…
- Some Trainers Have Already Finished Pokémon Legends: Arceus,…
- Uh-Oh! Pokémon Legends: Arceus Appears To Have Leaked A Week…
- Tetris 99 Is Hosting A Pokémon Legends: Arceus Crossover…
- Uh-Oh! Pokémon Legends: Arceus Appears To Have Been Spotted…